Stock Cooling/or Zalman

Status
Not open for further replies.

brylax23

In Runtime
Im gonna get a AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache CPU...i was wondering it is worth the few extra bucks for a zalman heatsink and fan..and which one is the best for under 40 bucks.. i was thinking of this one-http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-112&depa=0

and the mobo is gonna be dfi lan party

Good HSF. Good choice.

But, then, anything is better than stock...

Well you really only need something beyond stock cooling if you have abnormally high temperatures or if you plan on overclocking

Hey, Nubius, the decibel difference can be a deciding factor as well.

Hey if you are going to get the Zalman 7000, get the one with the blue LEDs, that thing would look just plain sweet in your case.

Oh yea, and I would recommend getting that over the stock. The stock will do if you don't want to overclock, but even if you don't want to lower temperature are always good and the zalman's are silent in silent mode so it won't be as loud as the stock cooler either. Just something else to consider.

From my experience, the stock heatsinks found on the Athlon 64s are actually suprisingly nice and work pretty well, they handle small voltage increases all right from my understanding and work fine for stock speeds.

An Aftermarket HSF is always a wise investment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom