Issues w/ new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhw200

Fully Optimized
I finally got my new comp (see my sig), and it seemed to work fine. However, when I installed Battlefield: Vietnam and booted it up, there was a problem.

When u boot up BFV, a black box that says the game name appears. the box should be there for less than 10 seconds. it was there for about 5 minutes. when it finally launched, it froze at the menu. Can anybody shed any light on y this is happening? I have all the latest drivers for my hardware.

If it helps, my mobo is a MSI K8N NEO4-F nForce 4 PCI-Express board.

Any help would be appreciated.

doenst seems hardware problem, rather then installing games in first instance, u should have ran windows for 5-8 days.

anyway, check software first, then upgrade firmware of motherboard

By firmware, you mean...?

About letting windows run, I dont know if thats the case. On my old comp, i installed a game 15 minutes after i hooked it up, so i have a feeling that that isnt the issue. I could be wrong though.

about letting windows run foew a few days first

i think its advisable to let it run without games for a few days to make sure it runs properly.

i actully ran a game within a few hours of getting it, but i guess just to knock out windows being the problem, it should be run for a while before you start really working it with games

By firmware, you need to download the latest drivers for your mobo. All of them. May want to check for a BIOS update as well.

Chrono said:
about letting windows run foew a few days first

i think its advisable to let it run without games for a few days to make sure it runs properly.

i actully ran a game within a few hours of getting it, but i guess just to knock out windows being the problem, it should be run for a while before you start really working it with games

Within 12 hours, I completly install an OS and COD, CODUO, AA, HL2, CS:S (and steam), Farcry and whatever else is laying around here. Never had an issue as long as I install ALL the drivers first.

Do you know what driver and direct X your using, as well as do you have any other games running on your PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom