Processor and heatsink help

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
I accidently touched the top of a 3400 amd athlon processor. I noticed a small smudge from my fingers. No electric shock. I used a tissue and rubbed it off a bit but there is a small area where I can still se where I touched is this bad? If so what do I use to clean it? Also I bought Antec Formula 5. Will this do the same thing as Arctic silver 5? Thanks

q-Tip and 99% isopropyl. It's nothing to worry about insanely really....although yes technically the grease from your fingers and the paste won't like each other, it won't just kill the performance of your grease so I wouldn't worry about it.

I touched my zalman heatsink with my fingers and only wiped it off with damp paper towel, I probably should have cleaned it better but I still get amazing low temps.
Too bad a certain overclocking incident now has me scared to death of overclocking and makes me refrain from doing so. :(

Well just dont touch your processor. Hell when i built my monster, i was at my friends house. He lives in his grandparents basement. Since him and his girl brook up. That place is fuzkk!ng trashed man lol. Everything we did turned sloppy, its like his basement influenced us. I had tons of fingerprince on my Swiftech heatsink. Remember, all that smuge on your fingers, is 95% water. So it will go away shortly.

lol don't stop ocing just be more carful but i personally can't afford to burn my system ;D

My incident had nothing to do with worrying about frying or burning my system. It's just that I had all my programs installed and everything the way I wanted it and then my brother messed the settings so bad that it corrupted the OS and I had to re-do it all. But I guess it worked out in the end since I decided that instead of redoing everything I had done I might as well start fresh and install windows 64 bit, which now I am absolutely addicted to.

Browsing these forums is just so much better on Internet Explorer 64 bit edition, it really is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom