Another Windows XP Error.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
I have had about 9 windows errors in the last year, and the connclusion oof each error was to reformat.

This time i was went to startup a program called Xlink Kai(its an Xbox network) it gave me a exe not fouund error so i thought that if i restart my comp then it would work again, during reboot right before it would normally go to my boot screen it gave me the error "hal.dll not found" so i copied hal.dll from another computer and put it on mine, now my computer go past the boot screen.I though all was good because i was just waiting for the logon sceen to show when i get another Effing error this time it was for "SHLWapi.dll" once again i put SHLWapi on my comp, restarted my comp and i had gotten a blue screen error "process1_initialization_failed" i did i search on microsoft and found nothing related to me. My next step was to try and fixMBR and fixboot,didn't work, my next step was that i copied .bak files of System,Software,Sam,Security, and Default then I replaced the originals with the ones from the repair folder c:\windows\repair i think this brings me to the stage i am at now when window's just finishes loading the boot sceen it quickly restarts my whole comp is thier anyway i can do anything to try and get this piece of crap to work again WITHOUT reformating it.

I know that one of the mainn reasons this is happening is because of my boot.ini, which was changed when my stupidity let me to changing my boot screen. By boot screen i mean pirates oof the carribean boot screen(The Pirated Edition lol) i got this frrom style xp, and i cant seem to find a way to paste my oold boot.ini that i backed up befor i loaded the screen.

Your help to me is like a $10 tot a bum, it is geatly needed!!

Please give me any help it will be greatly appreciated.

F**k i ran chkdsk and it said "the volume appears to contain 1 or more unrecoverable problems." does this mean what i think it does?

Also, i am a mad n00b on this stuff when i type del boot.ini it wont delete it and when i rewrite my cfgboot what do i type in

i made a new line in my boot.ini it brought me into windows desktop and 3 of my icons on on screen, and not all my programs r on,systm will not work it says "RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not bbe located in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll"

I have had this problem before and it was a very simple solution

I had 2 hard drives, 1 windows 1 files. If the windows hard drive was unplugged, i got the hal.dll error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom