DVD drives working horizontally and vertically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
hi all

i have a bit of a problem and im hoping the answer is an easy one.

Im looking to get a DVD/burner drive

i need it to go into my case on its side, but also be able to go flat when i change cases in a few months

im not sure wheather they do both, or only some do

im looking at getting a 'pioneer dvd burner black model 109'

thx

To work on its side the drive needs those little things to hold the disc when inserting. Well. Not neccesary, you can also flip your computer over when inserting a disc.

Alot of drives, although not all of them, have little rubber tabs that you can turn to hold in the cd or dvd. However, iot is not avisable. Having the drive on it's side like that can massively scratch the disc. Only some computers come with that, but if you notice, they are Gateways and the like. Playstation 2 offers a stand to place the system vertically, but I read somewhere Sony was telling you not to use that. The same thing goes withdrives. If you can only mount it vertically, I would try to MacGyver a way to mount it horizontally. I would only mount it vertically if I absolutely had to.

It might not be very good to actually burn a disc on it's side.

In my experience reading disks in sideways drives works just fine.

It's not a matter of it working or not, but it easily scratches the hell out of the disc. I played a dvd once upside down, and ti started making fugly noises. I took it out, and the side were all shaved down really bad.

k thx

i only need to use it to burn my stuff of my hard drive before i replace mobo and case, so just for 1 burn on its side

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom