What do you use to cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 case fans and a Coolermast Jet 4, it looks like a jet engine and even has a blinking white light for the airplane effect, cooling my cpu.

Antec P160

Thermaltake 120MM Led Blue Fan's in Front and Back

Custom Asetek Watercooling
- Triple 120MM Black Ice Pro Radiator
- Hydro L30 Pump
- 3x Thermaltake 120MM Led Blue Fan's ON Radiator
- Asetek Antartica CPU block
- 2X Asetek GPU Blocks for SLI
- Standard Asetek Radiator

This system is good for 1st Place in 3DMark03 and 05 for 6600GT's...

The Radiator isn't mounted in the case yet, im busy looking for a place that will laser cut me a nice grill..similar to a Aquacomputer Evo 360 Grill, Stainless Steel or Aluminum. mmm

I will post pics once it's done

All fans controlled by Coolermaster CoolDrive 4.

Nubius said:
Performance and stability are two different things. Keeping it cool does NOT increase performance. A CPU at 2.5GHz and 50C isn't going to run any worse than a CPU at 2.5GHz and 10C, the 10C will obviously allow for higher overclocks.

ACTUALLY Nubius, if you REALLY want to get into it, keeping it cooler does increase performance. Mind it, probably a not noticable difference, but a differnce nonetheless.

What happens when electronic components get hot? They expand and their resistance level goes up, therefore reducing the amount of trafiic available to go through the component. Bu when it cools down and the component shrinks, it's resistance level goes down with it. Therefore allowing more traffic through.

not to be a jerk, but I did have to correct you. Nubi.

I didn't know we were supposed to post pics, but then again we don't have a case forum. I wish it would work though :(

here is mine:

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

Pc4.jpg

i'm on Intel Stock Cooler, used Arctic Silver 5 instead. so mine remains at 38-45 C. and 1 case fan @ 1000 RPM. so this makes my system barely audible at 2 FT Distance.

How do i find out how hot my CPU is? Im pretty sure i only have my CPU fan and a large fan at the back with my power supply.
I don't over-clock or anything.
I have a Athlon 64 3200+ what temp should that be?

Is there anything else you really need to keep cool and how do you measure the heat of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom