Intel Gaming Machine : Only $5915.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
MasterJason, just get the 4000 rather then the 4200. All the 4200 has over the 4000 is 2.6ghz and is 90nm. You just OC to 2.6ghz+. I already have mine at 2.6ghz, real easy OC too.
How much is that mobo though?

Yeah, so am I you could say- but it'd be more accurate to say that I oc'd so long as I improved my gaming performance and not for the bragging rights.

As to gaming rigs, AMD owns it- so drop it. Should I have to post even MORE links to benchmarks to prove that the A64 P!$$&$ all over any of Intel's products in gaming? AMD owns it, its be proven over and over, so drop it and accept Intel's defeat in this area.

I'd say the 4200 just becuase it'll oc higher- like 3 to 3.2GHz. Pretty dang nice for being on air. Too bad the P4 can't get that kind of an oc on air while having REASONABLE temperatures as well (below 40 idling is reasonable).

retherfordaehs said:
As to gaming rigs, AMD owns it- so drop it. Should I have to post even MORE links to benchmarks to prove that the A64 P!$$&$ all over any of Intel's products in gaming? AMD owns it, its be proven over and over, so drop it and accept Intel's defeat in this area.

first off the AMD does not "own" an intel. If think the AMD "owns" because it has like 100-200 more points in a game benchmark, than I will show you how Intel completely blows any AMD out of the water in video editing (rendering/encoding)

But it seems AMD does perform better in games dont get me wrong BUT it does NOT OWN! But show me a person who can notice 1-6 frame increase in a game

I dont think you can tell by your eyes only. You can probably know the difference because maybe you have the FPS stats running while you play?

Those wildcat $1000-$2000 cards are purely for CAD type rendering. Aren't meant for games at all. I suppose they COULD work, but honestly I don't think it'd play a game very well...not meant for it at all.

But it seems AMD does perform better in games dont get me wrong BUT it does NOT OWN!
Well that being said, you can't say 'Intel OWNS either' each one excels at one area over the other.

Not saying you did say it owned, I'm just throwing that out there :p

Whatever people...this isn't an AMD vs Intel thread so don't even start it.. It's already on the path to closure if it continues

Have you read any reviews of the new A64s with the new steppings? The added SSE3 support and such? Intel is losing where they once reigned. Also, AMD has REAL dual core, Intel's is just a bolt on. AMD has full 64 bit registers while EM64T is just 32 that was extended to 48. Thats 16 registers short for full 64 bit.

Yeah, for now AMD IS technologically in the lead. If you want to continue this I'll see you in the AMD vs. Intel thread.

I just laugh when I see the word "gaming" with "intel" next to it, they DO NOT mix. It is even funnier when you see the words "Over Clock" next to Intel with air cooling, seems and oxy moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom