Outlook Express just quit, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve396LT1

Solid State Member
My Outlook Express just out of the blue quit working. You can click on the Icon, it comes up, to the square picture that shows"Outlook Express) then it goes away, almost like a pop up stopper does. I turned my pop up stopper off, PANICWARE, and it still didnt work. Then I went to the C drive where it was at, and I cant even reinstall. My other email programs work fine. Any idea?
WXP Pro

im not sure of the problem there man, but i had the same problem a while ago with Photo shop. just load up, then stop.

I tried uinstalling it and reinstalling, but same thing happened, ieen tried cleaning the registery. But it still didnt work.

But where this is a windows application, try uninstallking it from the remove windows components men in the add/remove programs menu in the control panel, and then reinstalling it.

if that dont work, you can always use Microsoft outlook that comes with office, or use another application to do it, or if you REALLY only want to use express, well you can do what i did to get photo shop working again....

....format and reinstall OS, lol

hope you dont have to do what i did.

WHHHOOOAA!!

first off, OLexpress is part of Internet Explorer,, if you have LOST it,, then reinstall only IExploder,, If you dont have a great machine,, I would install IE5.5 with sp2,, just to save issues,,

Now,, from my experiences,, I have found OLexpress to be the most unreliable, tempermental, problematic, mail system ever!!

I like eudora better,, and if you do wish to do email,, and dont have an office product ,, you can download better mail clients than OLexpress,, plus,, if you do have an office product,, use Outlook,,

You may have corrupted your mail database which may mean "toasted"!

sorry mate OLexpress is awful!

Took the words right out of my mouth. Eudora isn't as flashy as OE but it's a hell of a lot more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom