Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIII

Daemon Poster
Soo, got my windows disks back.. went to reformat, set the partitions, pressed install.. formatted, started copying files.. then at 27% on driver.cab each time, i get the BSOD :rolleyes:
It says unable to copy this file, i press retry, retry, retry, BSOD. ive tried cancelling the file, BSOD.

umm so any1 have ideaS?

did u see if ur disk is nice and clean since it says it cant copy it maybe it cant get it from the disk..

Yeah it is .. :( its really annoying me. One friend thinks my CPU has fried =/

Its most likely the CD-ROM drive cause I had the exact same problem.

(Could also be the disc, HD, RAM, wrong cables, due to overclocking, etc, etc... :D )

Usually this is the CD

Just aqquire a new CD, to me as long as you have a legal CD key it's all good.

The only reason I touch an origional XP cd is to copy it to a HD, I would rather not ruin the CD and + I update them.

Could also be the CD-ROM drive.

ah ok. everything has been functioning right so far, cd drive is fine, but I might take the CD drive from this computer and see that and i'll make a new copy of the windows disk with this computer and see if that does anything else, there are a few scratches but not major. I hope its nothing hardware, i havent been overclocking tooo much lately, just a bit for this Bench me nubius n chris r doing....

but just now come to think of it, i was reading a thing about overclocking with RivaTuner and I just pumped it up quite high, got artefactie thingies and my computer reset... for some reason it didnt require me to reset the CMOS.. do you think if i clear that, i might be able to continue??

download a version of xp its legal, and also you could get a version with sp2

zimon said:
download a version of xp its legal, and also you could get a version with sp2

It's still illegal, but not even microsoft really cares if you have a CD Key (that's legal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom