new 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

sguffee

Baseband Member
Ok I'm going to buy a 6600gt video card tonight. I really need help in deciding which company to go with. I keep hearing differnent opinions about some of them. I want to go with one that will run at a cool temperature without me having to add any additional fans or anything. As for noise thats not really an issue. I just want one that i wont have to worry about it overheating on me. Also overclocking is not a big deal to me either. So what do you guys recommend? Thanks for you help.

51C under full load? Yeesh, mine does 51C idle and will hit 80C full load, mines an AGP version though.

I'd suggest eVGA though dude, only because they have the step up program which I believe I'm going to do. You buy the 6600GT, then when you have more money to pay the difference between that card and a 6800GT (another $200 since the 6600GT is $200) then you sign up for their stepup program within 90 days of purchasing the 6600GT and you can get the 6800GT or whatever other card you want.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322263

that's the one you want; it comes factory overclocked and makes zero sound since it uses heatpipes

that means you'll have the overclocked performance like everyone else has without the hassle since it comes OC'd stock, the warranty will still work

sure the temperature will be higher than others but as long as you're not OCing any further you won't have any problems

however, the eVGA is equally nice since you can step up

that means you'll have the overclocked performance like everyone else has without the hassle since it comes OC'd stock, the warranty will still work
Muahaha if they don't know you overclocked it, the warrenty still works on us OC'ers muahahahahahaha.

My card can hit the exact same specs as that card and then some. Now if that card managed to overclock even FURTHER on the memory I'd be really impressed.

damn 51 idle, mine idles at 46 47,

edit: pic was to big

evga6600gtPCI.jpg

If yours is 47C idle I refuse to believe it only hits 51C dude, that's just impossible for a graphics card to go up only 4C when at full load. It's probably hitting high 60's or low 70's

dude i swear! ill go play sum splinter cell Choas theory with everything high and 2x AA and ill show ya

EDIT: aight ya know what mister smart guy i dont like you!! :p It was at 60C

ok so i was off by 10* big woopdie doo lol, hmmm i dunno everytime i checked it after playing source it only said 51 52. Oh well.

What do you guys think about an XFX. I found one i can buy for $165. Is that card ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom