AGP and PCIE on same MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that's one dumb product

if you want to go agp, get an agp board; same goes for pci-e

Actually it's really not that stupid. It might not be for everyone, but it certainly has some potential uses. I wouldn't expect to see many other boards like it.

Well....it's not a bad concept, but I believe trying to add both hinders actual performance somewhere down the line. It's definitely not bad for those who want a PCI-E board to try and progress but don't have money to get the graphics card right away.

I'd have to see some performance reviews though

I agree with Nuibius, you have the AGP slot, then the PCI-E for if and when you want to expand...just makes the board look kinf od ugly..

pci-e and agp's prices are almost the same

for the 6600gt series, the pci-e is actually cheaper, that's why i didn't see the point

well in some cases you have to buy a whole other PSU to power those graphics cards. It'd be good for those that want to get the mobo only and wait to splurge on the graphics card and PSU at the same time

They may just want to upgrade the motherboard, but plan to go pci-e later, and they currently have a allready kick ass agp card...

charles_scott said:
They may just want to upgrade the motherboard, but plan to go pci-e later, and they currently have a allready kick ass agp card...

thats exactly my situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom