Compaq SPS-BD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimadesigns

Baseband Member
My friend built a cheap server, and took an old motherboard out of his Compaq DeskPro. The motherboard is called an "SPS-BD", and we really need to find a BIOS Flash for it. I've looked all over, and I can't seem to locate it. Nothing that I can find on Google or Compaq's crappy site.

Upgrading the mobo isn't an option here due to limited funds.

Anyone have any ideas on where I can find the Flash?

Ultima,

I have a similar situation wherein I want to take all motherboard out of my old compaq deskpro EN tower and fit it into a new case, but this motherboard has a riser card for AGP and PCI slots and I have no idea how that would fit into the new case. Do you guys had similar problem? If yes, how did you manage it? It would be very helpful if you guys could brief me over this.

As for your BIOS, you should have no problems finding its latest flash from Compaq+HP website once you've the model number. Also, if you can get the machine started without flashing bios, look for BIOS details on the initial startup screen.

Thanks for your time.

Rez

You have to remember that all the old Compaq's used propritary hardware. You might not get a case that will fit.

Did you try a standard desktop case? Non-tower?

rezurrectme said:
Ultima,

I have a similar situation wherein I want to take all motherboard out of my old compaq deskpro EN tower and fit it into a new case, but this motherboard has a riser card for AGP and PCI slots and I have no idea how that would fit into the new case. Do you guys had similar problem? If yes, how did you manage it? It would be very helpful if you guys could brief me over this.

As for your BIOS, you should have no problems finding its latest flash from Compaq+HP website once you've the model number. Also, if you can get the machine started without flashing bios, look for BIOS details on the initial startup screen.

Thanks for your time.

Rez

I haven't actually seen the mobo, but I don't think he had that problem.

There is no flash on the Compaq/HP website...only some really useless drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom