Windows 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles, isn't your board an nforce3 or nforce4 chipset? If so nvidia has 64 bit drivers available for everything on your motherboard.

Nforce3 64 bit drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp64_6.25

Nforce4 64 bit drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_6.39_beta.html

Also your video card might still work. Try using the method I suggested for installing the vid card drivers. But look at the lines for the 9500 series or something like that for reference and then just kind of copy those lines in the list of cards. Then edit the beginning part to say "RADEON 9200 series". Then after the lines are in like that change the IDs like I put how to in my steps. It might still work since it worked on my card which isn't supported either.

EDIT: I just looked up your motherboard. It is indeed nforce3 chipset. There are 64 bit drivers available for that motherboard via the link in this post.

Wow thanks... MSI gave me a bunch of BS about there being no 64bit beta OS, But i still have a problem, i have NO WAY of getting my x64 online since it needs an active connection to install msn.... And sadly im dial up...

What I did is I installed windows 64 bit on my new computer. I downloaded the beta 64 bit motherboard drivers onto my main computer and then used nero 6 to burn the install file to a CD. Then I put the CD in and installed all the 64 bit drivers including the ethernet. Then I validated windows after getting the connection up. Now I'm a bit confused what you mean by installing msn, what dial-up company are you using?
What should work is download your browser on some computer (it could even be your current one if you don't have any others but I would recommend you have at least 1 other operable computer) and then burn the browser install file onto another CD. Whether is be aol or msn or whatever. Then install the browser on your windows 64 bit and dial into the internet. Then you should be able to validate your windows installation and browse the web using Internet Explorer 64 bit edition (which is just sweet btw, IE 64 bit is a lot faster and just plain cooler than 32 bit :p )

MSN is my ISP, but to install any of the programs you have to either buy the disc or download the software online using the provided installer... x64 comes with the installer but it still needs online access to download the rest of the install files....

if its anything above msn6.9 it wont be the full install, and you can no longer find anything below 7.0 i think.... xp pro has 6. something, but x64 only has 9.0 :( And thats all you can get and it never does give a full installer untill you use the little installer to get the bigger installer files... Plus the full install would be nearly 40MB

That's weird, why would they force you to be connected to the internet in order to install what you need to connect to the internet, lol. Maybe your only option would be to find a copy of the CD then.

.... Im like the ONLY one that use's msn i guess........ Anyways if you can find a copy of msn 6.2 that gives the full installer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom