Custom PC = Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowinNur

Beta member
Hey all,

Last week I decided to built a new comp from scratch, which I havent done since 2000. The specs are listed below. So, I built my comp and installed XP, everything was working okay except for some video card glitches...Items I had open would suddenly exit from the desktop. I couldnt click anything because the image would not show up for more than a sec. I fixed it by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Dlt. I decided to play around w/ the video card settings in the BIOS and now i cant see anything. The comp turns on and loads (im assuming), but I cant see anything. My monitor says...no signal and it goes into stanby after 10secs when i start it up. Anyone have this problem or have any suggestions on how to fix this prob.
--Thanks

AMD

MSI K8T Neo 2 FIR Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ SKT 939
512 DDR, PC3200 400 MHz
120 GB HD 7200 RPM
ATI Radeom 9600 XT, 128MB, AGP 8x/4x
etc..............

Have you tried removing the card and reseating it? -Most obvious.

Have you tried using a different graphics card, no matter how crappy?

Have you tried resetting the BIOS/CMOS by removing the battery for a few minutes?

At first I thought I maybe it was the video card cause I bought it on clearance (100 instead of 199), but I took it back and got a brand new one (same price). Same prob. Im currently taking battery out and gonna retry.

Update:

Comp is working good now. Thanks for help. Now if i can only fix the original prob I had....

Have you updated the drivers for the card, your mobo/graphics slot? Newest BIOS? Checked foor IRQ conflicts, other device conflicts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom