Total NOOB Mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan1981

Baseband Member
Greetings...i will upload pics of everything i ordered soon, but i just realized a few things.

my 200gb (2 of them) seagate hardrives came today but with no CD or connections to connect them to anything, where the hell am i supposed to get them? I also am curious if there are any good websites that tell u step by step how to install everything...i also am having trouble fitting my PSU...

There are no CD's for hard drives and they use IDE Cables to connect them unless you got SATA drives which require...you guessed it..SATA Cables which can be found at any and every online store and local computer store available for the most part.

Don't know any step by step PC building websites though. The PSU should fit right in.

don't all of the cables come with the mobo? if the mobo has sata it'll have sata and it'll have all ide cables and if you have a raid card it comes with sata cables.

Yea dude,

CD's dont come with a hard drive lol, and cables dont necessarily come with the mobo, depends on what you buy.

Get an cable IDE from your motherboard box. Every motherboard that i have bought has come with at least 2 IDE cables with a floppy IDE. And 2 sata cables.

If you dont have any in your mobo box it will cost you like a $1-2 at a computer store.

the last two hard drives i bought came with CDs but i never used them

you really don't need them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom