descent 8x AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry5739

In Runtime
ok guys i have a 2nd computer that supports 8x AGP and it is due for a vid card..im on a strict budget of 100 dollars..i dont expect miracles i just wanna find a good card for a small amount of money..P.S. can u send me a link..i plan on ordering from newegg.com again

The ATI 9xxx series outperforms the nvidia FX series. That 9600Pro would probably do much better than the FX 5700LE

go on newegg and get the refurbished sapphire 9600XT, it was $106 last time i checked, it should be lower now. my friend has it and it kix @$$

if you want Pixel shader 3.0, you could wait for a little bit and get the AGP Geforce 6200. its better than a 5200, but i don't know if its quicker than the 9600Pro/XT. it will probably last longer though, because of PS & VS 3.0.

meh the 6200 is the complete budget card, hardly even meant for gaming really. Lacks the instructions and power for it. He'd probably be better off with the 9600XT although I can't say I've seen any benches of 9600XT vs a 6200 lol

thanx guys ima go with the 9600 XT..i found it around 100...my fx 5200 gets me by to play world of warcraft and i figure the 9600 xt would do even better on my other computer.

That's a good deal, smart move.

@ switch, pixel shader 3? Why would you buy a crappier card just for pixel shader 3? That's just stupid imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom