Why would you need 2x6800GT??? do they run "dual channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i'm going to end this nagging and say lets agree to disagree on this for now
Yeah lol I was gonna read this last post of yours and basically say the same thing. :p

Fair enough - all i say is i support SLI

I've had this pc for a few years now and i think its time i made a big upgrade :)

SLI will stick around, but the only reason I say this is now ATi has stupidly decided to start doubling up their cards now as well.

However, SLI, in my opinion, is only practical for business use for people who need to do a lot of rendering and other intensive graphic processes, who have the money to dish out for it. The same can be said for dual/quad Opterons/Xeons, sure they're gonna stick around, but they're only practical for hardcore servers and no home user in their right mind would waste money on that. I don't think I will ever recommend SLI/multiple CPUs for any consumer, ever.

gaara said:
SLI will stick around, but the only reason I say this is now ATi has stupidly decided to start doubling up their cards now as well.

However, SLI, in my opinion, is only practical for business use for people who need to do a lot of rendering and other intensive graphic processes, who have the money to dish out for it. The same can be said for dual/quad Opterons/Xeons, sure they're gonna stick around, but they're only practical for hardcore servers and no home user in their right mind would waste money on that. I don't think I will ever recommend SLI/multiple CPUs for any consumer, ever.

They don't generally release Xeon/Opteron servers to the public as we would have no use for them - for people who do graphic rendering and heavy gaming and use 3dmark then they are perfect - I think ATIs SLI won't be as good as Nvidias and they are just gonna rush out the first SLI cards they can so ATI fanboys will buy em ;)

ok, what if you have too much money and you want something better than 6800Ultra, then you could use some dual, SLI stuff

"Too much money" Yeah.....must be nice...I wouldn't have any clue as to what that'd feel like.

Honestly even if I was ridiculously rich, I'd probably get the 6800GT and OC the hell out of it of course with some awesome water cooling, mind you I'd probably have VapoChill on an FX-55 so water cooling would be solely for the Graphics card :D

1gb of RAM, and a couple 72gb raptors.

i dont think SLI will hit it out good

Unless they make games designed for this, which they wont (hope) thers no real use for it

so, u can get 2x 6800 Ultras cheap in a few years. by then 2 of these will still be worse than the single high end card

Nubius said:
"Too much money" Yeah.....must be nice...I wouldn't have any clue as to what that'd feel like.

Honestly even if I was ridiculously rich, I'd probably get the 6800GT and OC the hell out of it of course with some awesome water cooling, mind you I'd probably have VapoChill on an FX-55 so water cooling would be solely for the Graphics card :D

1gb of RAM, and a couple 72gb raptors.

ok, how about you have dual sli and overclock them too??

you mean dual vid cards in SLI...there is no dual SLI :p har har just bustin balls.

No, I wouldn't bother would SLI even if I was rich. There are way too many buggy issues and more crap to worry about. More heat put into the whole computer too.

I'd much rather just get the single 6800GT and OC the hell out of it. And if I were rich I'd just send it to one of the xtremesystems members for them to do a volt mod for me :D (there are people there who will service your card for you for a small fee so It's not like I"m just saying IF I WERE RICH I COULD MAKE IT HAPPEN kind of deal )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom