Listen Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
I'm moving into what i like to call "Phase 2" of my computer building.

Now that im done puttin my computer to what i see as normal top of the line, its time for me to go Technical!!!

This is what im gonna do:

350W ENERMAX ----- > Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550W 24Pin
3x512Mb Ram ------- > 4x Corsair 512Mb DDR 3200
80Gb Maxtor --------- > WD 36.7GB Raptor 8MB 5.2ms 10000rpm SATA
nYko Mouse(fan'd) -- > Logitec Mx510 Mouse
Cd-Rom --------------- > DVD writer (Cd-RW already got)

I will also be getting a new case which i am currently searching for.

I was wondering, what is the advantages of going with DDR2 or Duel Channel Ram? im sure they have to be supported by the MOBO.

Also, should i go with the Raptor listed above or should i go with something else. The Raptor is quite cheap, less then 150$ (to me its cheap).

Any other suggestions on upgrades will be much appreciated too.

if u were really going for the best, u could upgrade ur vid card to 6800 Ultra, but that would be a waste of money cos the 6600GT is good enough.

Duel channel is a way to make acessing RAM faster, so it is better but must be suported by the mobo

DDR2 is a type of 'faster' RAM, and it must be supported by the mobo

I, personally wouldnt use the raptor becasue of its small size. Depending what u are using it for. But if u want to trade of for huge hard disk speeds (over old hard disks) for size, fine.
Im not sure how noticeable this speed is, but im guessing its gotta be pretty noticeable

You need to shrink your sig. 468x120 is the biggest we allow. Yours is sporting 600x220. Please adjust this ASAP ;)

I was wondering, what is the advantages of going with DDR2 or Duel Channel Ram? im sure they have to be supported by the MOBO.
Dual channel and DDR2 aren't two different things. To have dual channel your mobo and CPU must support it. Dual channel is have two sticks of equal size and specs in whatever slots your mobo says will run dual channel assuming it supports it.

DC offers anywhere from 5%-20% increase so sometimes it's not even noticeable

Hard drive seems fine for your primary OS drive. 36gb is about all I need. I use an 80gb partitioned with 25gb for the primary and that's all I need for that, so a 36gb raptor should be good for the OS drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom