My Raid0 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeine

Fully Optimized
Here are my HD benchmarks. Im running dual 36GB WD Raptors. Im not completely sure who it was, but someone was calling me a lair. I said i was getting 183mb a second on sata. I think it was "ImUseless", maybe not. Now im running at 179mb a second. But i honestly was running 183mb a second. Me and my friend put my other friends dual WD Raptors on raid0 this weekend. He was running an amazing 186mb a second.

EDIT, double click image!

Thats awsome. I gotta set myself up with some of that speed!

"TO THE BAT CAVE!"

Thanks..I just had to prove it. Im a pretty active member, so i dont want to be known as a lair. I dident understand why he thought i was full of it. Its not hard to believe...

EDIT, heres my 2.616ghz OC. Stable to without changing my RAM latency. Since thats another object witch limits my OC.

Is that different than how Sandra rates it? I noticed it referes to it as "Burst Speed" and I think Sandra is more on an average, but I am not sure. I would love to see what you get in the Sandra test to see how it compares to my single Raptor. I still think about getting another on and putting them in RAID 0 as well.

That's just 'Burst speed' dude...the Sequential Read is what you gotta look at when considering how fast your HD is reading when accessing files ;)

Your HD's average read speed is actually 115mb/sec still good nonetheless

I also have two 36GB Raptors configured in a RAID 0, and they are most certainly fast. I'm buying another two 36GB ones for my next AMD machine because I love their performance so much.

However, data transfer benchmarks aren't realistic data transfer rates. I know for a fact that I'll never see 183MB/sec data rates outside of a benchmarking program, ever. Read this for a competetive comparison.

I still love the speed increase they offer though.

Damn dude, your rite...... I dident think burst was anything different. Since it always works at the same rate. Removable Storage im guessing is the rite test. Thats all thats their anyways. Im going to run it now. Here are my RAM Benchmarks. Note, i dident manually pick the types to compete against, i just opened it an tested.

Yeah. The only raptors I've experienced was when I built an AMD64 system for this dude in boston. He had two 72Gb raptors, not in RAID or anything though. He just wanted one for his OS and another for backup data.

Man freakin WinXP installation took like 15 mins, boots up in 3 seconds...was nice.

Eventually I will have to get one for my OS drive. Right now I have an 80gb partitioned to 25gb for the OS, so a 36gb raptor as my OS drive would prove to be more than enough for my need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom