Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quesa QuickDraw 3D lol

• other...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video card business is too unstable... whos better alternates every few generations. Nvidia may be better now, but it'll flip soon.

Yeah, ATI's 9800 XT which costs around $350 is outperfoemed by nVidia's 6600GT, which only costs $200. ATI tried to match the 6600GT with the X700 Pro, but for the same price, the 6600GT is still better.

I vote for Nvidia right now

ATI just cant turn out anything that peforms better than nvidia.

The x850xtpe is almost as expensive as 2 SLI'D 6800GT's

this generation is pretty close but nvidia is bettter for the money but if you have a huge budget single card non sli ati is the best

Why in the world would somebody pay so much for an X850XT P.E. that doesn't even support Shader Model 3.0? It just doesn't make sense to me. The only ATI that it would make sense to buy is the X800XL which is near 6800GT performance for $100 less.

Really, that is the only thing ATI has going for them right now. ATI really needs to shape up if they want to exist much longer.

beedub on that link you posted it looks more like the x800 xt stomps nvidia on everything except for doom 3.
And why would everyone care about pixel shader 3? Many people including me don't give a crap about pixel shader 3. And I didn't buy my ATI card because it has Temporal Anti-Alising features either. These features are very limited and only apply to a small percentage of things and people. Same reason why people still buy 32 bit processors, because most people have absolutely no use for a 64 bit processor, same goes for the pixel shader 3.

And also you rcomment about how ATI sucks because their $400 card can't beat nvidia's $200 card. Well now I can say that nvidia's $400 card can't beat ati's $285 card (prices continue to drop on it each day) which I am referring to the 6800gt and the x800 xl.

Basically though I consider myself to be an ATI fan for the price range from $285 and up. If I had $190 to spend I would purchase a 6600 GT. Because it's true ATI has a gap in prices that they are right now trying to fill in order to get more sales. That's why they created the x800 xl. Because before that you couldn't get a good ati card without spending $450+. (Sorry I don't consider the x800 pro to be a good card at all)
But if you do have $450-600 I think ATI is the better choice. The x800 xt pe and x850 xt pe will outperform the 6800 ultra.
And no the x850xt pe does not cost $800.

Currently on newegg.com the retail cost for the x850 xt platinum edition RETAIL package from ATI is $587 with free shipping
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-502&depa=1

So if you have that kind of money that is a great deal because it will easily beat a 6800 ultra.

Oh and one last thing, I would quit comparing the 6600gt to the x600, x700, and 9800. Even I agree that the 6600 gt will stomp all of those ati cards any day.
The only reason the 9800 xt costs $350 or whatever you are saying is because it's so rare. Production on the 9800 xt stopped a long time ago, usually ati produces only small amount of the xt versions. So that high price tag is not because the card costs that much to produce but only because it's more like a collector's item now. :p

$200 budget = 6600GT
$300 budget = x800XL
$400+ budget = Who gives a damn? Either company will be more than sufficent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom