Distinct sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavalaton

Solid State Member
I don't know much when it comes to sound aside form knowing what sound I like and what sound I don't like, so treat me like a newbie who. If you feel the urge to laugh and explain things to me like to a child... I have no problem with that either ;) (it might even be of benefit to me)

How do I get my speakers to play that distinct theatre sound (dolby digital, dts, thx?) That earth shaking, hollow, very unrealstic sound that sets the THX certified theatres (and home theatres) apart from all other audio.

I have SB Live! on one computer, Audigy 2 ZS on another and the Logitech Z-2300 speaker set.

Is this hardware sufficient? Which DVDs do I need to get?

Ever seen a movie theater sound system?Do you or could you have that in your house?

It would probably make my neighbors call the police.

Your basic hardware is fine, add about 20,000watts and a couple racks of commercial quality speakers and you'd be all set.

I used to work at the nationwide arena, their sound system for example takes up a small room, thats just amps,tuner,mixer,and preamp........its connected to a huge group of speakers suspended from the rafters.

The THX cert isnt just quality, but volume and acoustics as well, doubtful your going to be able to pull that off in a house or apartment.

it's possible if you can get you hands on some older yamaha (dsp1000 dsp a1000)or lexicon processors (CP1 or CP3). you can manually set every varible. they come as close as you can get to the real thing

You most likely misunderstood what I was asking for.

What I was asking for was the audio quality of the theatre, not the precise reproduction of the sound and power. Obviously I can't cram 20.000watts of power in my house, but there has got to be hardware/software out there (and I can't believe that it is hard to find too) to achieve this. I know this because I heard the same sound from at least two home theatre systems and one computer speaker system (I believe it was the Klipsch Promedia ULTRA 5.1) in BestBuy or some other retail store (if I remembered, I wouldn't post this thread in the first place).

But can I just hook up a reciever to my current set? Is the minimum of 5.1 format required? Because I really don't want to expand my computer audio to that level (no space in the room).

to get the quality that you want, you are going to have to sacafice something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom