graphics problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank1987

Solid State Member
hey all im a new member and im in need of a teeny bit of help.
wen i play games i get alot fo interference.
its not to do with overheating as i have a case fan blowing directly at it, also there is practically no intereference wen i run a 3d mark 03 test, i have provided a screen of what it looks like, on splinter cell. i have the latest drivers installed.

im not sure what else i can tell you apart from my system specs...:
AMD athlon xp 2700+ 256kb cache and 333fsb
768MB RAM pc2700
KM18G pro motherboard
sapphire radeon 9800 pro 128MB
windows xp home

Well, the pic isn't really good for examining picture quality. What exactly are you noticing?

I will note that the thermal imaging in Splinter-Cell is normally very grainy and poor-quality, to reflect the realism of an actual thermal scope. Yer gonna see grain and gunk and distortions.

u wil notice that there is some blue coloured smudges around the screen. they come in 4's. one lot can be noticed if u keep going above sam's head. also there are some dots on the screen that are off colour,
these distortions are there all the time they just show up better on thermalvision.

If they don't show up in all views, then I'd be willing to bet they are "smudges" built into the game (a fake lense-effect, if you will).

The thermal imaging mode of the game isn't anything fancy or rendered any differently than the normal views. It just uses a different coloring and blending scheme than the normal view. Your video card doesn't know the difference.

but they do turn up in all views........... and it aint the only game to show them, i got a demo of star wars republic commando and that has the same things with it.

hee hee, yes my screen is clean.

here's one of republic commando, due to the nature of the scene it is quite hard to see however i have highlighted the bits im talking about.........
this is the largest i can get it. the screen res here is ment to be 1600x1200. its's the only adverse effect that seems to manifest the game runs really smooth.

Republic Commandos...Love that game. First respectable game LA has put out in........well forever...

If the blemishes are always present, despite the game, you have two possibilities:

1. Try changing video modes (OpenGL, Direct3D, Software) and see what happens. If this changes things, then yer video card is having a VERY STRANGE problem with your drivers and other hardware.

2. More likely, your monitor has come to a point of damage. If this is an LCD, it's likely these spots are either temperature damaged, or pressure damaged (stop poking the screen!!!).

i tried but to no avail, 'tisn't my monitor as on normal things such as windows it works fine and dandy. i have here a much better screen of the problem at hand.
is there any reason y this would happen with some games but not on something such as 3d mark or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom