great trouble!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfarukmiah

Solid State Member
hello friend
i am in trouble.
because my MSI P-4 MOTHERBOARD is not making any sound i mean during computer starting --no sound. and also no display.
the AGP and RAM,,,ok.
but how can i confirm that the BIOS is correct or not. please help me and also about how can i update the BIOS.???????????:D :) :( :p :beard: :bald: :angry: :confused: :bald:

is the internal speaker plugged in?
if it is, it might be in the wrong way, or the speaker itself doesn't work. if this is the case, just buy a new one - they won't cost much

mrfarukmiah said:
hello friend
I'm not your friend, but hello all the same. :)
mrfarukmiah said:
i am in trouble.
In more ways than you know...
mrfarukmiah said:
because my MSI P-4 MOTHERBOARD is not making any sound i mean during computer starting --no sound. and also no display.
the AGP and RAM,,,ok.
It's generally a good thing for motherboards not to make sounds. Sounds from the motherboard...not good.
However, since your video isn't working, this is clear evidence that something is messed up. As already suggested, make sure your motherboard speaker is connected properly (if it's not an onboard speaker). If so, then try moving/exchanging the alternate hardware (RAM, vid card, PCI cards, etc). Are the fans on the motherboard working? Does the CPU fan run? If you have multiple sticks of RAM installed, what happens if you just run the machine with one stick in place? I think the problem may also be involved in your below statement:
mrfarukmiah said:
but how can i confirm that the BIOS is correct or not. please help me and also about how can i update the BIOS.?
What did you do to your BIOS? If you don't know how to properly configure BIOS and what each thing does, you should not be messing with them at all! This is a major no-no. It is very easy for you to make a motherboard completely worthless by doing the wrong thing. If you were messing around with the BIOS, it is very possible that the problems you are having now are related to changes you made in the BIOS previously. If you've messed things up to where the motherboard can't talk to a monitor (either itself or through a video card) then you're pretty much toast. We can't pilot you in the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom