Notebook Recommendations - Any This Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Baseband Member
I was previously looking at a cheap laptop that would mainly do writing. But I have set my options a little higher, I live in the UK but my family in Minessota have agreed to accept any orders I make from an American site, test it and then send it on to me as a "gift" (aka VAT and import duties evasion ;)), unfortunately I have to pay for the order and postage from the States :)

I think my limit would be 1000 dollars, which was based on this apple, but I am open to ANYTHING, including anything from tablets to second hand from Retro Box. Maybe even eBay or stores in Minnesota, but I'm still not sure if they live near Minneapolis or not and I wouldn't want to trouble them much more.

So I am open to anything, although cheaper would be better, and better would be better. I liked the G3 Macs also, but I am clueless as to what is actually out there, what difference $500 or $1000 can make, or anything really! So please offer advise, this is rather a lot of money to spend, so I want good value and something I will love for years to come :D

- D Keaton

I should also add that I have copies of Windows coming out of my ears, but do all pcs come with windows on it? And I guess that my us family will need to test it with windows also. And I guess Mac OS isn't as easy to buy cheap, but I do have a friend that has a few spare copies, but again if I go with a Mac it would need to be tested by family before sent. I do not want to pay an extra 200 dollars for windows or Mac OS, when I have spare, and more recent, copies of it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom