restart while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSXmike

In Runtime
ive been reading up some... and have come to the conclusing that i have an overheating problem (i think)

i was in the middle of playing bf:vietnam with a friend, when bam.. it restarts... just when i was kicking ass too...

heres my stats:
abit av8 Uguru mobo
athlon 64 3500+
1024mb ddr
radeon 9800 pro
400w ps
6 fans:
1 bottem front blowing in
2 middle rear blowing out
1 side blowing in on the video card
2 on the power supply, both blowing out

should i have the fans arranged differently?
is there aftermarket fans for video cards?
any tips for keeping my computer cool in a tight place?

Just make sure you dont have confilicting Video drivers, also make sure your CPU HSF is on the way it should. Also when you built it did you put thermal grease on it or did you use thermal tape? I cant tell you how many times people complain about restarting computer and it was becasue they forgot to use any type of conductive material between the spreader and the sink.

uzi9mm said:
Just make sure you dont have confilicting Video drivers, also make sure your CPU HSF is on the way it should. Also when you built it did you put thermal grease on it or did you use thermal tape? I cant tell you how many times people complain about restarting computer and it was becasue they forgot to use any type of conductive material between the spreader and the sink.

im pretty sure the video drivers are fine... ive played this game forever... this is the first time its ever happened...

as for the cpu hsf is on the way it should be... and when gaming, i turn the speed of the fan up (its adjustable from 2000 rpm to 5000 rpm)...

for the paste.. i was told that arctic silver 5 is the best thing to get... so thats what i used

your PSU is kinda weak. 400watts is not enough for everything that you have. Try disconnecting some "extra" components that you dont need. Unplug like 2 or 3 of those fan (DO NOT UNPLUG THE CPU FAN)
Also disconnect any cold cathodes or neon lights you have. If that fixes it, than you need a more powerful PSU like a 500watt or 550watt

uzi9mm said:
your PSU is kinda weak. 400watts is not enough for everything that you have. Try disconnecting some "extra" components that you dont need. Unplug like 2 or 3 of those fan (DO NOT UNPLUG THE CPU FAN)
Also disconnect any cold cathodes or neon lights you have. If that fixes it, than you need a more powerful PSU like a 500watt or 550watt

damn really.... i was told by the guy that i would make due.... at least i think its a 400w... could be 450... its been a while since i looked

TSXmike said:
damn really.... i was told by the guy that i would make due.... at least i think its a 400w... could be 450... its been a while since i looked
I can barely cut it on my 450watt. I got a p4 2.8, 1 case fan, 1 HD, 2 optical drives, and 5 cold cathodes.

is there any programs i can use to moniter power usage and core temp... stuff like that... i know si sandra did... but i cant seem to find it anywhere anymore... ill look into my shit more in the morning... im going to bed

Yeah but his computer restarts while he is playing.You have a 9200 that does not require an Aux power input... I think his video card is not getting enough juice on the aux power module. Hence the reason why it only reboots while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom