big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sniffmypoo

Baseband Member
ok yesterday everything was working fine, today i come home and turn on the computer to play a little WoW and after about 5 mins the screen screws up. everything just kind of randomize don it, random colors and some stuff was moved too the side. it looked like when i was overclocking my video card and set to clock too high. all i did from yesterday was take the stuff out to get all the dist off the hardware. i made sure everything was put back in properly. it runs nice for about 5 mins and then BAM its gone. after this happend a few times the computer just decided to refuse to turn on. i hit the power and it goes through like the first 2 second of bootup, and then restarts. i have no idea what went wrong. i have an intel P4 3.0 GHz, ATI X800XT, 1.5 gig ram, and a MSI "865PE Neo2-V" i865PE motherboard. any help here would be greatly appreciated

Try swapping out the video card to see if the problem is the video card or something else. How did you dust the computer did you use a spray can or what?

ok i took out all but 1 512 stick of ram and it started this time, but it said something like "the DRAM timing is too tightly to continue setup" (some of the bootup up in in engrish :( )

ok it was one of the sticks of ram, the other 3 work fine now, any idea what could have happend to it? all i did was take them out to make it easier to clean on the inside and put them back in

meh i'm no hardware expert but

i made sure everything was put back in properly. it runs nice for about 5 mins and then BAM its gone. after this happend a few times the computer just decided to refuse to turn on. i hit the power and it goes through like the first 2 second of bootup, and then restarts.

i've had so much experience with that that i know it had to be the ram

well i guess you gotta contact the manufacturer/the place you got it from and ask for a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom