cant boot up A7n8X-X

Status
Not open for further replies.
The A7N8X series of boards are VERY snobbish about the type of ram that you use. Alot of it has to do with the Nforce2 chipset that is used on the board. When you are using PC3200 you HAVE to go with very high quality ram. Corsair XMS, Kingston HyperX, Muskin, or OCR gold series. If the ram you are using isn't one of those.... Well, let's just say, it would be a good idea to exchange what you have. I have heard that some people have gotten away with lesser quality ram, but they are the exception not the rule.

yes, most of the time starting from the beginning solves alot of problems. re-screw everything, all that stuff. usually works. i had to do that about three times. the most important thing by far is not grounding it. also make sure all your wires and jumpers are in the right spot

yeah i tried low quality ram on this board and NO CHANCE at working.......get the corsair xms ram (the twinx line rocks because its setup perfectly for dual channel mode and its tested before shipping to ratailers by corsair) i have their twinx512-2700ll (2x256) set and it works perfectly and with my old ram didnt :) hope this helps

Ive checked the ram in another computer, thats fine... but unfortunately the processor is not compatible and so i cant test it. i would guess this is whats broken... here's the specs anyway:

-Athlon XP 2600+
-512mb crutial DDR pc2700
-Asus A7N8X-X
-GeForce 4 t1 4400 128mb
-Seagate 60gb 6000rpm
-Samsung combo 52x24x52x16x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom