How do you know if a stick of ram is compatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im guessing your computer has ram in it. Open up your case and look at the ram there should be a sticker on it that says what kind of ram it is. You say you have 150 to spend on ram right. first off how many slots do you have for ram? You can get it alot cheaper elsewere

It says it supports DDR400...

Is it even bad to buy it from ebay even if the ram is new? This for example:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...6754434134&rd=1

I wouldn't want to spend anymore then $150 on some ram. I'm using a Gigabyte P4 Motherboard. Do you need more specs?
Those PQI's are some good RAM dude. I can tell by looking at them. No doubt it's brainpower PCB and samsung TCCD IC's.....basically in lamens terms that means it can OC real good :D

And $75 is a real nice price.

Your comp can handle PC3200 because your CPU bus says 200MHz, DDR400 = PC3200 = will match your 200

So if I were you I'd grab those PQI's before I do :D muahahaha kidding, I aint got cash :p

EDIT: hehe nevermind, only 10 seconds left to bid haha

there a lot of misconception of ram. people will tell you that a 1 gig of 2100 is junk. bullship. a gig of 3200 ram is barely faster.

on this forum, they will have you think that 1 gig of 2100 is equal to 512 of 3200. that is bull. if you can get it for a cheap price, get it.

there a lot of misconception of ram. people will tell you that a 1 gig of 2100 is junk. bullship. a gig of 3200 ram is barely faster
Uhh not hardly dude. Do sandra benchmark tests and that'll disprove that theory right away.

You'd be much better off with 512mb of PC3200 than 1gb of PC2100 cause you can always get another stick of PC3200 instead of wasting money on something insanely slower than what your CPU can run

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help on this. Glad I asked BTW or I might have bought a lemon.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom