My first built pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it will struggle with a lot of games - I would maybe save up a bit more money if you can and get a 939 processor and a better gfx card :)

Better? Yes, however I don't know to what extent. But I do suggest getting socet 939, however you will have to change the processor, and myabe getting an extra stick of RAM and a slightly better video card if you can afford it. But tell me how it goes, I'm 15 also and was still wondering if building my own computer would be the way to go.

z3phyr04 said:
Well it will struggle with a lot of games - I would maybe save up a bit more money if you can and get a 939 processor and a better gfx card :)

could you show me a mobo and graphics card that will be compatible with my cpu

well yes - would this fit your budget or not?

ASUS "A8V Deluxe" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL $129.00

AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - Retail $146.00

MSI nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Video Card, 128MB DDR3, 128-Bit, DVI/TV-Out, PCI-Express, Model "NX6600GT-TD128E" -RETAIL $183.00

that would be a pretty decent spec for you - just depends if you have the budget :)

cpu is fine but i don't think chaintech are a great brand to be having for one of the most important parts of your pc :rolleyes:

asus, msi, gigabyte generally is what you should have

I would go socket 939. It'll be a little bit more $$ now, but you'll save later. I am building a new AMD system and will be going 939 with a 3000+ processor. The reason I am going via this route is because I want to upgrade to a FX 55 when it becomes um. cheaper.. So no point in wasting my $$ with a 3200+ or a 3500+ etc.

But, yeah.. A few years down the road when ur "new" computer becomes obsolete, you'll want a newer computer. And it'll be cheaper for me to upgrade my system than for you to build a new system if you u go with those specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom