Problem with receiving power for my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJYelton

Baseband Member
Stumped on how to solve this one, any help? About 3 months ago I started to get a bad connection between my AC adapter and my laptop where I would have to constantly jiggle it before my battery would start to charge. As time went on it became harder and harder for the adapter to register on my computer and finally I stopped getting power no matter what I did. So I figured I just had a bad adapter and went out and bought a new one, and sure enough everything worked fine again. Now its starting to happen again and I'm sure this isn't a coincidence, since what are the odds of having the second one go out again so soon? BUT if its the laptops fault then why did buying a new adapter solve the problem for a couple of months?

A second problem along the same lines, the battery monitor installed in Windows XP is no longer functioning properly. The computer has been shutting off now and then lately because I'm not getting power from AC, but its not warning me when the battery is low and suddenly the computer will just turn off. It used to show a picture of a battery in the task bar when running on battery power, but now it always just shows a plug no matter what. Also, sometimes when I open the battery monitor it says its on AC power but the battery is discharging, and once the battery hits 0% again the computer turns off. It's set to go on standby when less than 3% but it never does. Turning the computer off for a couple of seconds almost always solves the problem and the battery will start recharging again.

Any ideas how to possibly fix these problems? Its a real nuisance to have to continually turn off the computer to receive power, and even more of a nuisance to have the computer shut off while in the middle of work you hadn't saved for awhile.

Could be a problem with the socket itself. you might want to consider taking it to a shop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom