New Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this package deal...

The Ultimate Gaming Bundle! You receive 1 K8NXP-SLI board and 1 6600GT 3D1 (Dual GPUs) 256bit card ! Almost twice the performance of a standard 6600GT and significant 3D Mark improvement over two 6600GT cards linked using SLI bridge !

Bundle

Can't find anything on the graphics card, any good? Would it out perform a 6800gt cause that was the card I was considering getting.

AMD's Athlon 64's have a much higher memory access
on a computer, a CPU will ask the memory controller to bring data back from memory. on all previous systems, this was on the motherboard.
however, on AMD's Athlon 64's it is on the CPU, so it can talk much faster with it.
the link between the CPU and memory controller is usually called the Front Side Bus, but since the Athlon 64's is on the CPU itself, they instead measure the speed between the CPU and RAM, and call it HyperTransport (or HTT)

how much are you planning to spend on all of this anyway?

I haven't got a set budget really, I'm slowly building a computer piece by piece.

I'm just curious if that card can out perform a 6800gt? I want great gaming graphics but not bothered about viewing TV on it and doubt I'd be running over 1280X1024 (17" Dell LCD monitor.)

And I was reading not all games are compatible with SLI technology, but that could change?

yes the dual core will.. Ive seen the 3dmark03 benches and it outperforms the x850 and the 6800Ultra, non SLI of course

Get a 6800 GT - thats what im doing then i will upgrade it with an extra one ;)

Edit: sorry , i think you mean what brand of gt - misunderstood you:

Leadtek
Gainward

^^^ Best bets ^^^ ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom