Zalman 7700-Cu

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
I'm thinking of getting this cooler. However, I've noticed it's incredibly heavy, at almost 1kg! Do motherboards have a weight limit or anything? I'm worried it'll fall off!

My god, the XP-120 looks amazing. Is that the best air cooling I can get for socket 478?

My friend has that one. Its really quiet too. My friend has absolutely no case cooling, so his temps dident drop all that much. Like a few degrees. But it works really good, very simple to install too.

i just orderd the zalman 7700 all copper one, i'll let you know how it goes, i'm gonna oc with it and use some as5. that's for the 3.4 775 skt comp.

for the 478(mine) i'm gonna get an 112 tower from thermaltake and put two 90 silent cat fans on it. she's 2.56 i'll post on that one to.

I have the 7700-cu of course. Stock clock speeds on 3000+ I got 21C idle and 27C load with somewhat broken in AS5.
Anyway yes it is heavy and yes mobo's do have a maximum weight limit. The maximum weight limit for a socket 939 mobo is about 450 grams. And the Zalman is about 980 grams so it is more than double over the limit. But it won't break or fall off unless you are rough with it. When you move your computer all you have to do is make sure to carry it on it's side so the zalman is facing up on top of the mobo.
BTW 1kg is about 2.2 pounds to give you an idea how heavy this thing is. That's what pure copper will do to ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom