Why would you need 2x6800GT??? do they run "dual channel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm.. i don't know either.

pretty random question.

lol, ill google it for you lmao:p

Edit: In My Opinion is IMO - Question answered :)

2nd Edit: :( @ apokilypse :p:mad:

But in a few years...

they'll be very useful :p
No it won't. In a few years they will go back to an awesome single card solution hopefully. Theres no way this SLI crap will be a permanent solution for high end gaming.

IMHO = In my humble opinion (also could be 'In my Honest opinion')
AFAIK = As far as I know
PITA = Pain in the arse
YGPM = You got PM

;)

Nubius said:
No it won't. In a few years they will go back to an awesome single card solution hopefully. Theres no way this SLI crap will be a permanent solution for high end gaming.

IMHO = In my humble opinion (also could be 'In my Honest opinion')
AFAIK = As far as I know
PITA = Pain in the arse
YGPM = You got PM

;)

SLI will stay. You'll always be able to get double the power - who wouldn't want that lol

2x 512MB 6800 ULTRAS *cringes at the thought of the 3dmark benchtest results*

SLI will stay. You'll always be able to get double the power - who wouldn't want that lol
People who can't afford it that's who. The consumer market isn't big enough for it...why do you think way back when voodoos attempt at SLI failed. This will be the same thing. Unless you like to play 3dmark05 then SLI is pointless. Tons of buggy issues, not all games support it, so you're screwed there, ridiculously priced and not to mention you're dumping a lot of heat into the system.

cooling... repeat after me... cooling :p

nah just jokin ya

it isn't pointless because the price will come down it isn't that expensive to get two 6800GTs anyways - about £600

not that much saving lol

yes but what im saying is if SLI sticks around you will be able to make it twice as fast if you need to - not saying everybody would need to have 2 graphics cards its just that the option would be there for people who need extra power in games to get the max out of everything ;)

it isn't pointless because the price will come down it isn't that expensive to get two 6800GTs anyways - about £600
Yeah for THOSE cards dude, they won't be around forever, when those cards die down, they won't be enough to play the top end games (of course this won't be happening tomorrow, but it's just an example) then more $1000 card sets will come out.

As it is you can max out everything on most games with a 6800GT or something like the X800XTPE or X850XT and things like that.

SLI is bragging rights more than it is performance. It won't last. Especially with Cell technology around the corner

aah yes... cell :)

it will and it won't in a way - it depends on what different people need - hey I know people today who still use machines with 486 processors :) - thats what they need

personally im a running a crap machine - hence the new system that i have saved many pennies for over the past year ;)

Now i'm going to end this nagging and say lets agree to disagree on this for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom