clock speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius lol, propecia is to treat hairloss hahahaha. 20mm, you dont understand why you shouldent be able to hit that limit? Sounds like you have a good start to fry that system. You cant hit that limit because as you OC, your temps grow. What temps do you think you'll have after 500mhz increase? Im guessing an extra 22-30 degree increase.

i said i understood up in my edit, it was late hehe.

kay so let me get this straight. when i oc i bring up my fsb in 5mhz increments. i run a stress test(what should i use?). if i see screen artifacts reboot and raise up v core a tad if temps allow for it.

i have a zalman 7700 all copper hs/fan on the way with some as5 so that should help me out.

You only see artifacts when you OC your graphics card dude, that won't happen here. Your computer will just freeze or reboot if it's not stable :D

Use Prime95 to test it full load and yes if it's not stable you'd raise the Vcore.

oh heehee, yeah the vid card is gonna be next. it's a x850xt so i think it should oc very nicely.

EDIT oh yeah, i got prime95 but it taks like an hour to run?!?! can't i just play cs:s for a few minutes then check temps and stuff out?

prime95 doesn't take an hour to run. It runs for as long as you let it. For true stability +12 hours is recommended.

CS:Source isn't going to put your CPU at it's max load like prime95 will.

Doom3 or HL2 or even far cry would do a better job of that. If you can play those games for hours on end, chances are your comp is stable.

so ocing her will take like a week before i get stable responses at high speeds...what happens if it screws over while i'm sleeping(i would run it before i went to bed)?

so ocing her will take like a week before i get stable responses at high speeds
well lol you don't have to run prime95 for +12 hours just after a 5MHz increment.

This is the way I do it.

Bump up the FSB, rune prime95 for 1-5 minutes, if it doesn't error, then go back and bump it up more.

Keep bumping it up until you run prime95 and it either instantly errors or your comp freezes, at which time you'll need to restart and boost up the vcore a couple notches. once you raise the vcore, don't raise the FSB, but go back, rune prime95, and see if it doesn't error or freeze this time around, then you can bump up the FSB more....mind you those couple notches might make it 1-5 mins stable, but not necessarily +12 hours stable, it's more of just a guideline so you know exactly what ISNT stable at what voltage

So once you get to a speed you like, then you do the fine tuning.

Run prime95 for it's long session. If it fails within the first 5 minutes then you are far from stable and will need a good deal of Vcore for testing.

thank you so much, you're the MAN! i'm gonna start once i get the hs/fan. i may play around with the video card though :)

great man thanks, and nubius saves the day again.

i hear that agp doesn't oc well?(my compy is agp 4x :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom