sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
my system is a 1.8ghz p4 abit is7-e2 mobo, 80 gig maxtor hdd, e geforce 5600 ultra assorted optical drives and such but i dont get any sound whatsoever. SOmetimes the computer will make a loud beep that comes from the speakers but other than that no sound i really need this to get fixed fast cuz im hosting a lan party at my house next saturday.

Try cleaning the jack. Sounds stupid, but it may help. Also clean the plug.

I think it is software related because when i run warcraft three a message comes up saying that sound is disabled yaty yatta

OK.

Have you looked in Device Manager to see if the driver has gone south? Or if something is conflicting with it?

You may want to open up the main sound table (I forgot what it is called, but it has all of the settings for the different waves) and see if it has been set to 'mute' somehow. My system does this about once a year or so for some reason...

i have to admit that i am somewhat of a newb where is the device mangaer? I did however look in the control panel under audio and the computer does not detect that there are any speakers plugged in. It says no audio device or whatever. Let me know what i should do?

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. The Device Manager is somewhere in there, listing all your hardware.

Start--> Control Panel--> System--> Hardware tab--> Device Manager

Look for Sound, Video, and Game Controllers. Click the "+". Look for any question marks or exclamation points. If you find one, post what it is.

Also-

Start--> Control Panel--> Sound and Audio Devices

Make sure the "mute" check mark is not checked. Click the Advanced button, and make sure none of the controls are muted.

Ok wow this is really crappy i opened sound and audio devices and next to the speaker at the top it says "no audio device" and everything is grayed out and unclickable i also looked in device manager and under sound video and game controllers there were no marks and listed were audio codecs, legacy audio drivers, legacy video capture drivers, media control devices, and video codecs. is that all there is supposed to be there? this really is a bunch of shit

Is the soundcard on-board or PCI. I had the same problem with my old system, turned out to be the motherboard was screwing around with the IRQs and not reading the soundcard correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom