ntldr error

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzp

Solid State Member
i used a program called "magic partition" because i wanted to delete a partition and resize the other, before it started it said the partition i was deleting was active, to make the other one active, i didnt know what to do so ignored it and let it go on, after i restarted, it said somethin like "no operating system found" i tried to format, it says it did but then i got an error that said "invalid system disk" i tried to use a windows xp disk i bought, i used "repair a windows xp installation" but nothin happened, i tried to use fdisk to make it active, but i just ended up with this error

NTLDR is missing

i just wanna know if anyone knows how to fix this, or if theres even a way to fix it, if no one can tell me how and there is a way i might take it to get ir repaired somewhere

the only cd i have is a windows xp that i bought but its an upgrade version so it wont work as a fresh install

the other cd i have ids the recovery ones, those wont work anymore, so im guessing im gonna have to buy a new installation cd?

i tried fixboot and fixmbr, and the same thing happens, any other ideas? or is the only way to fix this is to install windows?

well can it be fixed? if it can i guess im just gonna take it to get repaired later since i dont have an installation cd, just the upgrade one i bought and the recovery cds that wont work anymore

And it looks like I misread your post...

It does look like, as of now, you will have to reinstall Windows because the Windows partition is simply not there. What I can't understand, however, is why you want to take it in to be fixed. Installing Windows XP is easier than making apple pie.

EDIT: Are you mocking me, TipsySmile?

no, i dont have any installation cds, it came with windows 98 thats why i bought the windows xp upgrade versionm thats why i wanna take it to a store so they can install it or check if anything else can be causing it, unless theres a way to download any version of windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom