LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D --- Memory Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

98RedGs

Baseband Member
The setup.

MSI | NX6600GT
2 x 80GB|HITC SATA 8MB
CPU AMD 64 |3200+ ATHLON 939P 90 R
MB DFI|NF4 LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D

DDR CRSR 512MB X2 KIT|VS1GBKIT400
Specification
Manufacturer: Corsair
Model: VS1GBKIT400
Speed: DDR400(PC3200)
Type: 184 Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 2.5
Support Voltage: 2.5V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: two 64M x 64 -Bit

The Problem.

It's running in single mode and not dual mode.
It tells me the following on boot.

WARNING
The system is running in Single Channel Mode when you plug DIMM module in DIMM 1.
Please install 2 RAM modules into DIMM 2&4 for dual channel operation.

Now I took the ram out of slots 1 & 2 then put it in 2 & 4 but the system will not boot it just continously beeps very loudly. I searched on the forums and didn't really see anything pointing to my problem DIRECTLY so I'm posting a new thread. There FAQ on there webpage has nothing about it except to move a jumper on the board from set 1&2 to 2&3 to be able to up the voltage for massive overclocking (up to 4v's on the ram) and this isn't something I'm trying to do. I'm simply trying to run the system with Dual Memory and not Single Channel mode.

Can someone please tell me what's my problem or how to resolve this issue? The manual only has about 1 page on my issue and again it refers to simply upping the voltage and not this problem specifically.

same thing happened to me:

1.) is this value ram? don't use value ram with the dfi board because value ram sux0rs and the dfi board hates sux0r rams
2.) you have faulty ram (i've gone through 4 kingston value ram to find out that they have crappy faulty ram)

diabloII said:
same thing happened to me:

1.) is this value ram? don't use value ram with the dfi board because value ram sux0rs and the dfi board hates sux0r rams
2.) you have faulty ram (i've gone through 4 kingston value ram to find out that they have crappy faulty ram)

Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 184 Pin 512MBx2 DDR PC-3200 - OEM

Shiet....
How did you resolve your issue?

your board (same one i haev) is known to be very picky with value ram

after buying my kingston value ram, my computer wouldn't boot up and ended up corrupted 2 hard drives (OMG I hate kingston value ram now)

did a mem test for 5 mins, the first one was ok for some reason, the second one gave millions of errors

returned and got a second pair

worked, but froze few seconds after getting into windows and ended up corrupting my OS

got fed up, returned it for my money back and got a new pair of ram (geil value select, yes, it's still value, but it's been working fine)

The DFI lanparty Ultra D's are very picky about "Value" ram, If you go to dif-street.com they might beable to help you out.

one thing to try is take one stick out and test the system with the other stick in slot 1, then try the other stick. see if one stick of ram is faulty.

I could always just return them to Newegg and get just one 1024 stick of some better memory right?

Or... Order new ram when I get it get an RMA for my money back on the other ram. Agreed?

98RedGs said:
I could always just return them to Newegg and get just one 1024 stick of some better memory right?

Or... Order new ram when I get it get an RMA for my money back on the other ram. Agreed?

no, get 2 sticks of 512

they will work in dual channel, giving you more bandwidth

these are nice:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-231-012&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-218-062&depa=1
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=20-145-450&DEPA=1

The 3rd one
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

Seems like it would be the best choice as the reviews on it seem to look promising.

Is there a reason DFI dosen't put this sort if information in there dang manual?!

98RedGs said:
The 3rd one
Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail

Seems like it would be the best choice as the reviews on it seem to look promising.

Is there a reason DFI dosen't put this sort if information in there dang manual?!

if you're already shelling out money for a dfi mobo (more expensive than most s939 mobos), then dfi expects you do buy decent ram, not value ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom