Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic~Fury

Baseband Member
I'm looking for a good 19" LCD (I don't remember your name, but you know who j00 is! Dunnot suggest CRT!) that is good for gamers. I was told that NECs are ideal...what monitors would you recommend...brands and models? Also, I'm a total monitor-n00b, so acknowledgement on what I should be looking for is welcomed!

I was thinking ViewSonic, Samsung, NEC, and any other brands you may recommend...

The trouble with 19" monitors is that they have not yet seen the same advances in technology in the 17" sector. Most do not use TN technology (very fast responce time and good color), but use PVA/MVA technology which has not advanced much in 2 years. These technologies have great color but generally have very poor access time making them bad for gaming.

I'll take the good advice given and get a 17" NEC...so between these two models, which do you recommend?

NEC AccuSync LCD7V
NEC MultiSync LCD1760NX

get a 17 inch panasync...flat screen. damn im in love with those things...but cannot afford one just yet.

I have an LCD1760V and I love it... the 16ms response time is essential for gamers and the overall visual quality is great. I haven't really tried any other NEC products, but based on my experiences with this monitor, I'd recommend NEC to anybody.

As for the LCD1760NX vs. the LCD7V, I'd say go with the 1760NX since it has a better contrast ratio (450:1 vs. the 7V's 400:1). However, keep in mind it's a bit more expensive.. so I guess it would also depend on your budget ;)

Well one of those monitors is simply Analog, and the other is a Digital Dual Analog, and I need to know which one is a better display and better for gaming?

lol, i know you said not to say this but CRTs are better for gaimng, there i said it, go buy your flat-panel because you think its cool

Well, just replying out of badness, though the thread was interesting, but I thought it was funny to see Dethangel say "go buy it because you think it's cool", and then to see that his signature is made up of multiple foreign characters, presumably because he thinks THAT is cool :) .

Seriously though, he is right. PCWorld in the UK have even started putting disclaimers on their LCD screens saying that they are designed to work at an optimum resolution, and that the quality at any other resolution will be "greatly reduced" (their exact words)

Grey Area said:
Seriously though, he is right. PCWorld in the UK have even started putting disclaimers on their LCD screens saying that they are designed to work at an optimum resolution, and that the quality at any other resolution will be "greatly reduced" (their exact words)

It is true, but not with games. If you run your desktop at 800x600 on an LCD that's optimized for 1280x1024, it's gonna look downright nasty. But running a game at 800x600, you'd be hard pressed to notice any difference at all.

As for the reason for buying an LCD being "because it's cool", dethangel you're way out to lunch. Have you ever used an LCD?? They are soooo much easier on the eyes since there's no flicker, ever. Plus, compare the physical size of a 19" CRT with that of a 17" LCD (same screen area). Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather not have my monitor taking up 3/4 of my desk... hell, most LCDs are even wall-mountable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom