Intel Gaming Machine : Only $5915.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, just fooling around on Newegg.com. Interested to see what close to $6,000.00 dollars could get ya. This is what I came up with.

Here it is: Comments?

CPU: Intel P4 Extreme Edition 3.73GHz 1066MHz FSB Socket LGA775
Motherboard: ASUS "P5AD2-E Premium" i925XE
Case: RAIDMAX Samurai XE Black ATX Mid tower
Power Supply: Thermaltake Silent PurePower 680W
Memory: OCZ Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Revision 2 Limited Edition 240-Pin (2)GB DDR2 PC2-4200
HDD's: (2) WD Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA in RAID 0
Additional Storage: Seagate 7200.8 300GB 7200RPM SATA w/ NCQ
Optical Drive 1: SAMSUNG 16X DVD Drive
Optical Drive 2: HP DVD640I Internal DVD±R/DVD±RW w/ LightScribe
Other Drives: Standard Floppy
Video Card: SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON X850 XT PE, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, Dual DVI/VIVO/HDTV, PCI-E
Audio Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro PCI Sound Card
Cooling System: Thermaltake BigWater 12cm Liquid Cooling System
Keyboard / Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700
Monitor: SONY SDM-P234/B 23" Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD

If my paypal account only had $6000.00 in it!

The EE's are junk for the price. Go for a dual setup with Xeons. Also if you really really like doom 3 and other OpenGL games get a Wildcat workstation card w/ 512mb VRAM

Games do work with dual processors, but they work individually, one on background tasks, and the other for the game.

I wish I had 6 grand to spend on a pc................... droools.................. electricutes myself from saliver getting into my pc.

Most games DO NOT support SMP (Symetrical Multi Processing) But you can set affinities to each individual CPU. for example : all windows background processes on 1 cpu. The game on the other.
you will get better performance if your CPU is dedicated just to the game

uzi9mm said:
Most games DO NOT support SMP (Symetrical Multi Processing) But you can set affinities to each individual CPU. for example : all windows background processes on 1 cpu. The game on the other.
you will get better performance if your CPU is dedicated just to the game
Any benchmarks for a dual xeon?

Re: Re: Intel Gaming Machine : Only $5915.50

uzi9mm said:
The EE's are junk for the price. Go for a dual setup with Xeons. Also if you really really like doom 3 and other OpenGL games get a Wildcat workstation card w/ 512mb VRAM

Still will be outpeformed by an fx-55, or else the top end gaming platforms would be dualies.

Workstation card, for autocad and video rendering, not gaming.

Re: Re: Re: Intel Gaming Machine : Only $5915.50

DJ-CHRIS said:
Still will be outpeformed by an fx-55, or else the top end gaming platforms would be dualies.

2 Intel Xeon 3.6E's w/ EM64 would crush an FX-55 in certain areas, and for gaming the FX-55 wont outperform the Xeon by much. Due to the fact that nowadays your video card does almost all of the work.
And the reason that they dont use dual setups in HIGH end gaming platforms is because of the keyword "gaming", a dual setup would be a considered a Workstatio platform,also another reason they are not used is because of the cost. (2) 3.6E Xeon's would cost you $1400 when the FX-55 would cost $900
Also a Dual CPU mobo and RAMBUS makes things even more expensive.

Also those Wildcats can be used to play Doom 3 and other OpenGL games. If I really liked Doom 3 and could not get enough of it I guess I would buy an $800.

I still cant believe Intel managed to screw up the 3.73 EE. I mean how hard is it to built something better... It seems like they just started rushing these processors since AMD was spitting all these great ones on the market. I also cant believe the FX-55 is 880$, while the 3.46 EE is over 1000$.

Uzi9mm, im not completely sure, but i think the 3.6 Xeons are more then 2 processors. My friend just built a server and got his W/20 line installed. His has 6 500mhz Xeons. Then he discovered that windows XP cant utilize more then 2 processors, but 2000 can. So hes getting Windows Server 2003. Another thing, the mobos that support processors like Xeons, all have onboard video cards. Nothing near 64bit. So playing games like Doom3 wouldent work for that reason. Im sure their are mobos for those types of processors that support AGP. But those would be so damn expensive. Not just because its AGP, but the mobo would have to utilize it with the processors a completely different way.

i'D Say DFI nF4 Ultra + 4200+ San Sandiago core 1mb Cache AMD. Or FX57 / 4000+ Venince..Anyways all the news cores will be avaliable soon. :)

Codeine said:
Another thing, the mobos that support processors like Xeons, all have onboard video cards. Nothing near 64bit. So playing games like Doom3 wouldent work for that reason. Im sure their are mobos for those types of processors that support AGP. But those would be so damn expensive. Not just because its AGP, but the mobo would have to utilize it with the processors a completely different way.

This board supports 32gb max ram 2 Xeons and 1 PCI-E slot.(Wildcat Realismz) This is a perfect Doom3 machine/server.
Any yes you can support more than 2 xeons, i already know that.
http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderi7525.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom