Blargh

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, waiting a week for the mobo to get to california and back is out of the question, hence my persistence :p
As for the problem, i found somehwere that the long beeps mean a memory problem.
I was worried this might happen, so i managed to scrape money together for the 333Mhz RAM i was hoping i wouldn't have to buy right now.
i'm gonna go get it today and hope it fixes this problem.
*sigh*
...if not, i have a 3-year replacement/repair warranty
thanks for your help, guys. ;)

ACK!
The new RAM didn't work.
I was convinced that the board was DOA, until i got a response e-mail from Leadtek support...
They told me that the RAM i used might be incompatible.

...is it possible for a motherboard to incompatible with RAM made by Crucial?
I doubt it, and i'm ready to RMA the board, but i want to be sure.

i've tried and reseated my old video card (an old SIS 32Mb AGP card) several times, but i get the same beeping....
I can't enter the BIOS, and the only hint that my entire motherboard isn't shorted is that the fans spin and the PC speaker gives me that damn beeping.
The new RAM is: Crucial 256Mb PC3200 (DDR400) CL:3

Leadtek support sent me two 'memory test reports' that consist of charts that make little to no sense.
One of the few things i can see is that the only RAM they've even tested have Samsung, WinBond, and Nanya chips on them.
they say nothing about Micron RAM compatibility.

Maybe getting another brand of RAM would work?
Maybe the board really IS dead?
For someone who considers himself good with computers...
....i'm terribly confused.

maybe i understated myself. i confirm microbell's statement that it's probably not the crucial micron memory, that is a well established manufacturer and most likely it is not because their memory is incompatible.

when got my DOA mobo (damn you soyo again :mad: ) my memory was being detected half the time, the other half it gave a a continuous beeeeep or the CPU would overheat.

Zero Shift i don't think it's because you are missing something with your troubleshoot your problem is that it's simply DOA, it's time for a RMA or exchange. if you can, exchange for an entirely different make model, well..that might be too paranoid :eek:

Alright, I have sent the board back for replacement (actually, i did it before i read your reply, hehe)
but i can't help but feel cursed.
the last two motherboards i have bought were DOA on the first try...
One was Soyo, and the other was MSI. And now Leadtek...?
...make an atheist believe in gods, this kind of shit. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom