The MOTHER of all problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experiance it just wouldnt turn on... Didnt notice any damage.... But that was only because the Reset and Power switch's pos and neg got turned around, i dont think the LED's would matter though....

Dont worry about ruining your motherboard by plugging one of these little boogers in..you stand a better chance of of blowing up your motherboard with static electricty built up inside you than plugging in one of these cables wrong. Most of us have built many systems so speak from personal experience I have built maybe 50 systems and I'm sure others are up in the hundreds.

I was a bit like you when I hadn't built a computer before, I was really scared that I would stuff things up.
believe me, building a computer is actually easy, you just need a little bit of knowledge and common sense

here is a guide to firewire setup to show you where the plugs go

pretty much all the plugs can be placed using trial and error though, except for the main power plugs, none of them really put through enough power to do damage. USB and firewire are an exception becuse they are designed to be able to power devices, so there are a couple of plugs with higher volts (but only the ones coming from the motherboard)

apokalipse said:
I was a bit like you when I hadn't built a computer before, I was really scared that I would stuff things up.
believe me, building a computer is actually easy, you just need a little bit of knowledge and common sense

here is a guide to firewire setup to show you where the plugs go

pretty much all the plugs can be placed using trial and error though, except for the main power plugs, none of them really put through enough power to do damage. USB and firewire are an exception becuse they are designed to be able to power devices, so there are a couple of plugs with higher volts (but only the ones coming from the motherboard)
thanks, that guide helped, the TPBs are easy, and the GND is self-explanatory, but the VP and VG seem to confuse me as to where those would go, VP is probablu power, but what is the VG?

I had that problem too with the LED and power connectors. Just read your mobo manual. It shoudl say where to put them.

So in the USB booklet picture, does NC mean No Connection? so should i just not plug the extra grounds into anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom