why does some ram get clocked 3 times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntdwnToExtn

Fully Optimized
some computers i've had (1 currently use) when i boot up, the ram will be clocked 3 times. i can chose to skip the clocking when it's doing it and it will still show up the right amount.

i've often wondered why

I don't even know what you're talking about honestly. Maybe it's intel specific? Cause mine just pops DUAL DDR400 or 460 depending on if it's OC'd or not in post and it's all quicklike

Nubius said:
I don't even know what you're talking about honestly.

computer turns on....shows the processor and it's clock...then it will clock the ram....it's sd pc 100....it counts up to 192, then goes back to 0, does it again, goes to 0, does it again then finds the ide, etc.....

doesn't matter if i've got 1, 2 or 3 ram chips in...always clocks 3 times.
same with my bro's old 286 packard bell....cept it's like 4mb or something hahaha.

computer turns on....shows the processor and it's clock...then it will clock the ram....it's sd pc 100....it counts up to 192, then goes back to 0, does it again, goes to 0, does it again then finds the ide, etc.....

doesn't matter if i've got 1, 2 or 3 ram chips in...always clocks 3 times.
same with my bro's old 286 packard bell....cept it's like 4mb or something hahaha.
Hmmm weird, mine does nothing like that lol.

Look for an 'Enable Quick POST' option in your BIOS. Perhaps that's why mine doesn't show that kind of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom