GIGABYTE K8NF-9 nForce4-4x Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

diabloII

Fully Optimized
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...268&ATT=Motherboards+AMD&CMP=OTC-pr1c3grabb3r

they have this as a combo and monarch and they happened to have pretty cheap 3200+'s as well, not to mention a free copy of farcry, HL2 and CS:S, and free napster (all of which, well, except napster, i was going to get after buying a new comp :D)

anyways, i was wondering if this is a decent mobo to use (there's no other cheap mobos that's sock 939 and has pci-e other than this on monarch)

i'm planning to use the MSI 6600gt pci-e video card, and an ATA-133 HDD

i will not OC the cpu but i might OC the video card

here's a review i found:

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_content.asp?id=gbnf44x&page=1

it said that it runs at 4x (800mhz) compared to the regular nforce4's at 5x (1000mhz)

the cpu i will be using is a amd64 3200+ winchester and it's bus speed is 2000mhz (FSB), which i think (might?) be reduced by the mobo?

after reading the review i found out that the HT link sped is not completely utilized, so 1600 and 2000 are not different at all

so i was wondering if this is a decent mobo to use performance wise (for games)

I have this mobo and it workks great. With a 6600GT anf 512MB of RAM, my aquamark score is above 57000. Works great, games run well. I dont have that keyboeard problem that some people said they have.

I also have this mobo and it's fine. It does everyone you want it to for a much cheaper price than the other mobos. Great deal imo. I think you should get an SATA150 hard drive though, it's faster. Anyway if you do plan to overclock the CPU make sure to do it right. Once you start overclocking past 200 HTT you have to change the LDT multiplier down to 4X. My brother put it up to 5X and the mobo crashed trying to load the BIOS a few times and now the OS is corrupted.
No complaints about the board from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom