Leaving computer on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive gotten used to the nice ambient noise my pc makes. Its soothing, nice volume and i relax to the noise.

But there is still SOME expantion and contraction because the temps will change depending on what you do, but not as much as turning it off and turning it on which can be as big as a 40F degree change in temp from room to medium-max temps.... Sometimes even more.. but my temps are never 10F above room temp... And even after that they dont change more than 5F....

Pilotwings119 said:
ok that makes sense. i think i'll start leaving it one more. thnx

You should only care about leaving your PC on and crap like that if you plan to keep it over 10 years.

But, think of your hydro bill. 10 years of leaving a PC on, you would pay more in hydro than the PC.

I think i have my point + polluting the enviroment.

i learned something new today. im leaving my computer own from now on.I gotta get use to the bright leds and the 4 loud ass fans though.

My computer automaticly goes in stand buy after like 2 hours. Should i turn that off?

DJ-CHRIS said:
You should only care about leaving your PC on and crap like that if you plan to keep it over 10 years.

But, think of your hydro bill. 10 years of leaving a PC on, you would pay more in hydro than the PC.

yeah thats true, but i still think i'll leave it on a little bit more. hahah hydro bill- what i have here is electricity bill.

I always keep my PC on 24/7. It's a good choice, because it won't damage your hardware. But, I don't thimk this happens to you guys, my PC slows down after a few weeks. A nice healthy reboot always helps though :). I don't recommend this if your PC is in your bedroom and have a noisy fan. My fan is so noisy. CAN"T SLEEP!!!!

Who really gives about hydro bills, If you do, buy CFL. They are special light bulbs. 13 Watts gives as much as light as a 60 Watt normal bulb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom