Need some help in finding a certain....

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can restrict them from getting into it... have u tryed turning off the sharing on the drive? or drives? you just gointo propertys of the drive (right click) and goto sharing.. see if that works.

Its marked grey and wont let me select it.... Ive tryed everything i know, all i know is that i might end up needing a 3rd party program....

k is a little complicated and you can mess you security up but anywya.(NOTE:i havent triedit or sure it can be done)

I think you need to have Win xp pro for this.

Control Panel > Admistrives Tools> Local Security Policy

If im not mistaken you can restrict anythign or aloow anythign for any users or Groupd Users you want. (NOTE the security word on this section)

Play aorund with it you ****ed up Format reinstall Windows.

I only use it to set my sister as a Power user instead of limited account.

... disable the device in device manager??

only the admin account will be able to re-enable it.

efd753 said:
k is a little complicated and you can mess you security up but anywya.(NOTE:i havent triedit or sure it can be done)

I think you need to have Win xp pro for this.

Control Panel > Admistrives Tools> Local Security Policy

If im not mistaken you can restrict anythign or aloow anythign for any users or Groupd Users you want. (NOTE the security word on this section)

Play aorund with it you ****ed up Format reinstall Windows.

I only use it to set my sister as a Power user instead of limited account.

This is the best way most likely

The other way is to disable drives in the registery

Under the tutorials \ articals section and the thread on registery's here, it explains how to do it.

give them a guest account.

Before you log off, go into Device Manager and DISABLE your CDrom and your second Hard Drive in those hardware profiles. It should work as long as they do not log in as administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom