fixed mobo now new problem....please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halvie

Beta member
Ok, ended up being a broken mobo. They gave me an asus a7n8x. Hooked everything up booted and it wouldn't start. It says "error loading opperating system". Granted this is because the computer died mid install last time, but I do not know how to go about fixing this. How do I reinstall xp?

Another thing, when the computer is booting up it says my ram speed is 166 dual channel...I bought 3200...wouldn't that be 200 mhz dual channel? I can change it to 200 but then when it boots it says I have a 3200+ instead of my 2500+

How should I have my bios set up for a 2500+ cpu and 2x512 sticks of 3200 ddr?

again thanks for the help
Troy

Whenever there is a hardware error detected, all hardware on the mobo will be default to the lowest speed.

Im not familar with AMD but i believe there is a separate menu for RAM clock speed and CPU front side bus speed.

Reinstalling XP, you just need to boot it up from the CDROM again. Remember to set 1st boot device as ur CDROM before you put the disk. :)

ok for the ram set it by spd in the bio for recommended settings and for processor if its 2.06 ghz then set clock speed on processor to 133 and the multiplyer to 15.5

it was showing you your external clock speed. your ram will be running at 200. but if the fsb of your processor is 366 then your external clock speed will be 166. and having pc3200 ram is like a back up saying that you can adjust your external clock speed UP TO 200 without affecting the ram any. and after that then it starts overclocking your ram also. and btw, if your motherboard only supports fsb of up to 333mhz then your external clock speed should be 166 constantly. that is if your processor is 333mhz fsb also. and then adjust the multiplier right. lets say your processor is supposed to run at 2ghz and it has 333mhz fsb. you just divide 2000 by 166 and it will give you your multiplier. my processor runs at 266mhz fsb so it's defualt multiplier is 11.5. making it 1.53ghz. i think that was probably really confusing though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom