Solid State Member
All games freezing (solved)

I have just built a pc here are the important specs:

2400xp Athlon xp
Abit NF7V2.0
20 gig hard drive
256 megs of ram
Geforce 4 ti 4200 64 meg

When I first installed windows everything appeared fine, the system was fast and stable and I tested a couple of new games on it.

The problem starts after around 30-50 minutes of playing on a game. But I can easily end the task and win xp runs stable. I first thought it may be cooling I checked the temps and the cpu was running at a cool 45 degrees. All games from shoguns basic graphics to the newish splinter cell freeze or even restart the pc.

I have reinstalled graphics/nforce drivers, direct x, updated the bios and checked all the cmos settings made sure the processor is set at 2400.

Can anyone help me out? Its def not a cooling prob.

They are all orginal games aswell as demos. And yes the inno3d graphics card has a fan.

I thought it may be the power supply, but I dont believe that would leave the os running stable, if it had problems.

The games either freeze and require me to end the task, quit straight to the desktop or restart the computer.

I have searched around on the internet and have found that my motherboard is abits 'quirkiest' motherboard :(

Can anyone help?

My psu is 300 watts and the ram is a TwinMOS PC3200 256MB.

My board is the NF7 Version 2.0, exactly where and by how much should I up the voltages in the bios?

Thanks for the help

i had that prob with my nforce board and mine turned out to be ram; download this program http://www.memtest86.com/ on another pc and burn the iso image to a cd. Then use that cd to boot the pc and it will test the ram.....i ran it with my old ram and was popping errors left and right .....with my new corsair ram im having no issues......it wil run 7 tests 7 times but i let it run the 7 tests 1 time and it worked fine for corsair ram.....if you get errors your having a ram issue

I think upping the voltages did the trick :D

Thanks MicroBell! aswell as everyone else for trying to help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom