Intel Gaming Machine : Only $5915.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Well, just fooling around on Newegg.com. Interested to see what close to $6,000.00 dollars could get ya. This is what I came up with.

Here it is: Comments?

CPU: Intel P4 Extreme Edition 3.73GHz 1066MHz FSB Socket LGA775
Motherboard: ASUS "P5AD2-E Premium" i925XE
Case: RAIDMAX Samurai XE Black ATX Mid tower
Power Supply: Thermaltake Silent PurePower 680W
Memory: OCZ Platinum Enhanced Bandwidth Revision 2 Limited Edition 240-Pin (2)GB DDR2 PC2-4200
HDD's: (2) WD Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM SATA in RAID 0
Additional Storage: Seagate 7200.8 300GB 7200RPM SATA w/ NCQ
Optical Drive 1: SAMSUNG 16X DVD Drive
Optical Drive 2: HP DVD640I Internal DVD±R/DVD±RW w/ LightScribe
Other Drives: Standard Floppy
Video Card: SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON X850 XT PE, 256MB GDDR3, 256-Bit, Dual DVI/VIVO/HDTV, PCI-E
Audio Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro PCI Sound Card
Cooling System: Thermaltake BigWater 12cm Liquid Cooling System
Keyboard / Mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop LX700
Monitor: SONY SDM-P234/B 23" Wide Screen Flat Panel LCD

If my paypal account only had $6000.00 in it!

Yeah, you'd suffer though since you'd be using the P4. Now, replace the CPU, MOBO, and RAM with an A64 and a s939 mobo and you could add another gig or two of ram with the left over cash! :-D

If my paypal account only had $6000.00 in it!

I second that!

For that price you could be an FX-55 with SLI'ed 6800 U's

Would kick the isht outta that system

Scratch the bigwater. I'm still tryin to get rid of mine plus the 2nd rad I bought with it. Gonna build a new one from dangerden.

Anywho, yeah screw the Intel especially if you're wanting a gaming machine you'd want to go AMD FX-55 all the way

i would wait for the fx 57s. no idea when there coming out though.... i built a computer on alienware for 30,000 dollars. it wasnt one for gaming though it was for like media center stuff and 3d design.

lol IMO 6k is overkill for a pc lol but that's 1 heck of a beast you came up with! =]

I just need $2k and I'd have a machine of my dreams lol. Hell $1k would help of course, but I meant if I was building it from scratch, not just adding onto this machine.

Yea nice

I built a computer on alienware for 29,000 before, it's not really that hard. Base price for an ALX is lik $5000, then when you start adding in the extra 50 inch lcd monitors, digital projectors, productivity software, etc. it adds up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom