Birthday! What to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrimReaper23 said:
here is the case I'm getting Now this is the best air cooling
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-156-148&depa=1

hahaha, dude that looks like my new case and my old case combined together, thats awsome!

but anyway, as most people said on this thread the speakers. I myself have heard those speakers and they are pretty clear and nice. ide have to agree with most people and go with the speakers

The ram is a technical upgrade that should be done when uve got most of ure computer well upgraded. Well, that Corsair atleast is.

and the case... should only worry if u care that much about air flow because a case is more for looks...

yea man that is the case I'm gonna get but I don't get it, but I don't know how many Drivebays it has I don't understand that 5/0 stuff.Sorry for stealing your thread

Depends, If you are going to play games on your machine I'd advise upgrading the RAM since the borederline nowdays for running XP is 512 and maybe with the spare money left over buy a headset.

But it's totally up to you and what you plan on using them for, anyways think about it and then pick! :)

Gaming with 2 speakers isnt hard

I may have superb hearing, but i can pinpoint an AWP to 30 degrees in CS with an old pair of yahama's

$40 seems like a pretty generous ammount for me... we're definatly not poor or anything, my parents just don't spend any money on me or my brother's entertainment/holidays. /\/\/\Note: My dad just bought (we're waiting for it to be shipped) a 2004 Mazda 3 (5-door) for 15,000 dollars./\/\/\

The case I listed does not come with a PSU.

I really need the memory, like I said. But I think I can put that off for a month or so until I get my job.

That you case posted isn't that grand. It only has 80mm fans.. so it would be loud as crap.
The one I posted has mounting for a 120 in the front (where the bottom 3 "drive bays, that I would never use, are.) I plan on putting one there. The two fans in the back suck air from the heatsink area, in the direction of the motherboard, which means they would do a better job than normal of getting rid of exhaust air and not intake air (normally they steal a bit from the air in front of the cpu fan) It also has two fans on the right side: one to blow on the hard drive and one to get rid of air out from behind the motherboard/tray. It's a very great design.

The thing about the speakers is, theyre not really mandatory. I can buy them any time for 50 bucks. I've got a pretty good set of 2.1s right now, but I really enjoy the way my brothers 4.1s really fill the room with music/sound.
As for the case, mines just all messed up. it sucked so bad when I got it and I've had fun modding it to hell to make it have better cooling and not look like a total piece of crap. The thumbscrews are basically stripped, and I've drilled in it so much... I'ts not very stable and its all sharp inside.

The top hole thing on my posted case has a window that locks down when you lock the doors, and when unlocked you can stick your hand through and turn it on without opening the door. You can also access a 3.5in drive bay there, so I plan on putting a nice bright 3.5in fan controller/temp display in that spot. I think it would work out great.

I'm really leaning towards the case right now.

$40 seems like a pretty generous ammount for me... we're definatly not poor or anything, my parents just don't spend any money on me or my brother's entertainment/holidays.

same here, that's why i work for my stuff (and that's why i said 40 seemed a little bit low, since i usually save up more than that, btw i'm only 14)

sry if there was any confusion

Ah. I can work around the house and get money, but I usually dont get crap in payment so I end up just not doing the work because its not worth it.

You seemed to be talking about $40 for the present, not the $40 I was saving up, which caused the confusion :rolleyes:
20 of the 40 saved will be from my uncle and aunt as their present. No grandparents, and all my other uncles/aunts are dumba$$es who made 'terreble choices' and even if they had money they wouldnt give it to me. Unfortunatly, they live close and the nice ones are about 14 hours of driving away :mad: Haven't seen them in a couple years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom