Half-Life 2 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
Whatever, it may seem long now but it's simply Valve taking extra precautions to keep their games legit. I got an update today that they're BETA testing their anti-cheat engine and once it's released, it'll lifetime ban anyone caught using any hacks, which rocks.

VAC will remain effective, for lets say, 1 week max.

NO-CD cracks are not something they really care about since they already have an basicly un piratable game.

And HL2 did take forever to intall on a PC with 512meg of RD 800 Ram.

The Rage said:
I can understand Valve wanting to protect its product. 5 DISCS??? I'm not a heavy gamer but you'd figure with DVD-ROM drives in most PCs wouldn't the move to DVD be logical for games?

far cry also has 5 discs. totally insane...

And if i had a DVD version of those 2 games I would be screwed.

They put it on CD's for people like me.

dude you're behind the times. Get a DVD drive. Their not expensive. Heck, I got a great DVD-RW for $60. Lite-On rocks. Here is a cheap one - $34.

the reason games aren't published on DVD's is because it costs too much. 5CD's costs less than 1 DVD. thats just how it works. the same thing happened when publishers started going to CD from floppy. some programs used to come with 20+ FLOPPY DISKS!!! imagine trying to install that!

Yeah I remember that. You sit there for half an hour popping floppys in and out every minute or so. It got really annoying.

I have MS word on floppys (well i just threw it out)

Actually I have a DVD drive on my intel and my laptop, but not my gaming rig.

Why buy a DVD drive when you can buy games or cooling XD

Well I feel sorry for the 56k users who bought HL2 and then would have to wait hours upon hours for all updates to be downloaded. Yeah they are trying to make it harder to steal, but guess what, people have gotten around it so all they've done is made it ridiculously painful to install for the legit users.

Gaara - Yeah I heard about that new anti-cheat thing, I heard it was supposed to be a new revision of PB that gives a GUID to your hardware and not just your CD-KEY to ban you. That's freakin awesome. My favorite MP game soldier of fortune 2 is worse than the original CS now as far as aimbotters and wallhackers go, it's ridiculous

Well, imagine going through that same exact process, then starting the game only to find out that you're RIG hates HL2 and you can't play the game due to "MEMORY READ ERRORS". Freezes and crashes everytime.

Yes, i've tried everything under the sun that everyone has recommended to fix this. Nothing works. Also, there are thousands and thousands of players just like me who can't get this freakin' game running...

I don't have the best system in the world, but on a scale from 1 to 10 it's probably about a 7.5 (Should be MORE than enough to run this blasted game.) Every other game on this planet runs smooth as a newborns buttocks... lol.. sorry : )

the hl2 files are huge, and fragmented , that alone will really slow down load times. i would defrag your drive first, and if its still slow then i would get better memory

Steam is what keeps it legit. Dont post information on how to get around using steam please

-Nubius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom